Waterford Oaks

HankStrong

I know it's not technically "Urban Orlando" to post things outside of the downtown area, but I think some of us like to hear about all of Orlando.

The new Waterford Oaks shopping center is under construction (yet... the one with Kohls, etc. still sits about 3/4 empty) on the West side of Alafaya, North of the 408, South of 50.

It will include:

Hobby Lobby

Rooms To Go

Chuy's

Party City

This is also the rumored site of Red Robin and where several people have predicted the Waterford Fresh Market to go.  Those are entirely unconfirmed.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/06/new-stores-restaurant-take-shape-near-waterford.html

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/4147801/waterford-oaks.pdf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuys is going all in. This adds to the future Winter Park location and the existing Lee Vista and I Drive ones.

Thanks for the update - there is the "other metro projects" thread that this probably could have gone into. I don't mind reading about Waterford but would be nice if they even attempted some sort of walkability or placemaking

Waterford Oaks will have good pedestrian connections, with double sidewalks going from Alafaya to the main shopping center.  Also, Chuy's will be located on Alafaya, with parking in the rear so it should look nice.  Red Robin is supposed to be in front of Toys R' Us.

I think Jernigan's point is more along the lines of that even the main WL area is completely pedestrian unfriendly.  It obviously HAS SIDEWALKS, but it's insane to think people are going to walk from Starbucks to Ross or from Smokey Bones to LA Fitness (hahaha! which we all probably SHOULD do after such a meal) or whatever.  It has sidewalks, but am I going to walk from Target to Hobby Lobby?  Or just drive?

• 2 months later...

Ate at the Mellow Mushroom last weekend and this project is going vertical now.  There have been no hints on if Fresh Market is going in here, but the rest of the buildings are going in.  It's looking good.

The related Red Robin out-parcel in front of Babies R Us is breaking ground, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ate at Chuy's.  Standard good Chuy's experience, except the lobby of this location is entirely too small.  People were waiting in the dining room right next to people eating their food.  The poor people at the first table were completely blocked (they couldn't even get their food without the server parting the people waiting) by people just standing on top of them.  It was raining out, so everyone was inside.  The manager came over and pushed them back in to the lobby area, but within 2-3 minutes, other folks were out in the dining area.

We enjoyed it, but we weren't those poor people.

Hobby Lobby and Rooms to Go were up and running.  Red Robin is probably about 60-70% complete.  You can't really tell what else is going in, there aren't signs up yet.

The Lucky Supermarket in the really old strip mall immediately North of Waterford Oaks is fully under construction at this point.  It wasn't a hive of work on a holiday weekend, but you can tell it is an extremely active site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/11/exclusivelucky-s-market-on-first-orlando-store.html

• 1 month later...

Archived