Andymurphy17

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is your primary vehicle? 

Own

Lease

Work-provided 

This question's options are not very accommodating to bus-riders.  I suppose, in a way, I "lease" a seat on the bus for a half hour.

Edit: it also assumes I live in the suburbs and commute to downtown for some special purpose.  I live downtown.  I don't commute here, I'm already here.

• 5 months later...

The city commission agenda for next week seems like 75% road work, but one caught my attention!

Pearl Street from Front to Mount Vernon to be rebuilt, and will incorporate features to create future "gateway" elements in conjunction with DGRI. Nice! 

That section has gotten so unbelievably bad. 

I haven't seen anything yet regarding the section of Michigan Street in front of MSU, but I can't believe MSU would be happy to move into their new facility with that bombed out crater-filled street out in front. 

The city commission agenda for next week seems like 75% road work, but one caught my attention!

Pearl Street from Front to Mount Vernon to be rebuilt, and will incorporate features to create future "gateway" elements in conjunction with DGRI. Nice! 

That section has gotten so unbelievably bad. 

I haven't seen anything yet regarding the section of Michigan Street in front of MSU, but I can't believe MSU would be happy to move into their new facility with that bombed out crater-filled street out in front. 

Funny, after exiting 131 at Pearl a few weeks ago, as I headed toward the river I was thinking, "This is the gateway for so many folks to downtown GR, and the road is like someone dropped a bomb here."  So glad to here this is a top priority!

The worse street has got to be Century Ave. Or as I like to call it: 18th Century Ave.

State St. is terrible, as well as Cherry, west of Eastern.

The difference though is Century doesn't see the kind of traffic that Pearl St does. I drive that section of Pearl about 4x a week and it's deplorable. 

Welp, work is beginning on the intersection of Michigan and Fuller - shutting it down for 2 weeks.  The last time I drove through there was not all that long ago and it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as Pearl or some of the other streets mentioned.  I'm sure there are reasons that I am not aware of, but how are these things prioritized?

Welp, work is beginning on the intersection of Michigan and Fuller - shutting it down for 2 weeks.  The last time I drove through there was not all that long ago and it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as Pearl or some of the other streets mentioned.  I'm sure there are reasons that I am not aware of, but how are these things prioritized?

As I recall from when it was passed, the pattern is to work on the streets with minimal problems first. This gets more roads up to grade faster while stopping decay.  The major rebuilds of roads will take place later in the bond timeline. So the really bad roads? most will be dealt with some time later. Years later.

As I recall from when it was passed, the pattern is to work on the streets with minimal problems first. This gets more roads up to grade faster while stopping decay.  The major rebuilds of roads will take place later in the bond timeline. So the really bad roads? most will be dealt with some time later. Years later.

Thanks.  I figured there was some sort of plan.  This is good news for my hubcap collecting hobby.

Archived