Video upload error

tozmervo

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep getting this error when I try uploading an approx 20mb video file. Not sure if the file type is supported or not. I get the error via either the basic or enhanced uploader.attachicon.giferror.png

We support the following filetypes for uploads:

.gif

.jpeg / .jpg

.pdf

.png

.xls

We don't support video just because of the sheer size of them. There are a couple of reasons for this. When I first set this site, storage was expensive (we actually only offered uploads to paying members back then) so I needed to limit what everyone uploaded. I do it now for the same reason since this site is hosted on SSD's. I'm sure at some point in the future I'll open things up and allow all kinds of filetypes and upload sizes, but at this time only images and PDF's are really supported.

YouTube is where I generally recommend uploading video and then in turn embedding the video here where appropriate.

Archived