Comerica Building Facelift

JRich2425

Panera Bread Co. At least they have reliable wireless, unlike a lot of downtown restaurant owners.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2012/08/skywalk_deli_closing.html

Don't know if anyone's noticed and I don't know when it opened so maybe this is old news but the new Panera is open.  I probably broke an urbanplanet rule about eating at chains but I stopped in there for lunch Saturday anyway.  I almost missed it since it's toward the back of the building.  No surprises about the food.  The decor is nice and what you'd expect for a Panera.  The cashier/order and other work areas a laid out a little differently than other Paneras, I don't know if this is because they had to work with the space available or if the company has evolved their system now that they bring food to the table rather than everybody waiting at the food pickup area.

There is a stairway up to the skywalk which should be convenient for people who don't want to go outside during bad weather.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if anyone's noticed and I don't know when it opened so maybe this is old news but the new Panera is open.  I probably broke an urbanplanet rule about eating at chains but I stopped in there for lunch Saturday anyway.  I almost missed it since it's toward the back of the building.  No surprises about the food.  The decor is nice and what you'd expect for a Panera.  The cashier/order and other work areas a laid out a little differently than other Paneras, I don't know if this is because they had to work with the space available or if the company has evolved their system now that they bring food to the table rather than everybody waiting at the food pickup area.

There is a stairway up to the skywalk which should be convenient for people who don't want to go outside during bad weather.

Did you see the mural up there? It's pretty cool. I have pictures coming.

Did you see the mural up there? It's pretty cool. I have pictures coming.

I knew there was something I forgot to mention, I'm old and forget things easily.  I found a photo on the interweb  that shows the artist creating it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537798839600449&set=a.537798789600454.1073741834.430555130324821&type=1&theater 

I'm looking forward to your pictures.

...I probably broke an urbanplanet rule about eating at chains but I stopped in there for lunch Saturday anyway....

Yes, we hereby revoke your "psycho olive" keep it a secret membership card.

(got Subway yesterday...on the road...)

I knew there was something I forgot to mention, I'm old and forget things easily.  I found a photo on the interweb  that shows the artist creating it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537798839600449&set=a.537798789600454.1073741834.430555130324821&type=1&theater 

I'm looking forward to your pictures.

Here's said mural:

9127452478_dc3a410165_o.jpg

Archived