The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can flood this thread with views from your balcony, that would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

I'll have the key on Monday (possibly tomorrow though). I'll take some early next week to post. :) Perhaps in a couple weeks when I am organized and everything is delivered, we can have an UrbanPlanet happy hour on the roof to watch the sunset - this way we could put faces to all the screen names we've seen over the past couple years. Gives me a chance to show off the unit before the market crashes more this coming year and I end up bankrupt. LOL.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.giovannisalvatore.com

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I saw some low lighting (like Christmas lights) last night from the SW Penthouse as I was doing my laps around Lake Eola. Who could that be?

LOL. My Waverly unit looks awfully dark now - all the lights moved with me. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

if you can flood this thread with views from your balcony, that would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

Well, I have been in my unit for a month now and I am finally to the point where I was organized enough to take some photos. Nobody has posted anything on this thread over this past month, so I am not sure if anybody is still even reading it anyway, LOL. But since a couple people asked for pictures of the view from the balcony, I figured I'd come back to this thread and post a link.

Although most of the pictures are of the unit itself, there are several daytime and nighttime shots of downtown Orlando. Instead of attaching a bunch of pictures to this thread, it's easier to just give the link to the page where you can view them all. You need to scroll down to the pics and ignore the text since its just there for down the road if/when I go back overseas and possibly lease it out for a short period: http://www.giovannisalvatore.com/rentals/units/vue_3502.htm

It has been a bigger adjustment moving from the Waverly to the VUE than I thought it would, however just in the last couple weeks it is finally starting to feel like home. Last night though was the first dose of 'real' thunderstorm that we've had downtown in the past month, and it will certainly take some time to get used to the lightning which was constantly hitting the lightning rods directly above my unit. It was one hell of a light show from the windows. Somehow I am going to have to quickly get over my fear of lightning, LOL. (I'm guessing that sitting with a drink on the terrace during a thunderstorm would be a BAD idea).

WOW!!! The rooftop terrace looks AMAZING! So does the rest of the place, you've done a really good job with it. I have a slight fear of heights but I think I could get over it with that type of view and amenities.

LOL. First big party will be July 4 for both a Housewarming and Independence Day party. :)

so can us UP members print this post and use it as our invitation? lol......i played tennis at the Vue last week, it was hard to serve, when you look up, you are distracted by Dyntech, lol....and as a tennis player, was dissappointed with the court because they painted both basketball lines and tennis line together, very confusing

Well, I have been in my unit for a month now and I am finally to the point where I was organized enough to take some photos. Nobody has posted anything on this thread over this past month, so I am not sure if anybody is still even reading it anyway, LOL. But since a couple people asked for pictures of the view from the balcony, I figured I'd come back to this thread and post a link.

Although most of the pictures are of the unit itself, there are several daytime and nighttime shots of downtown Orlando. Instead of attaching a bunch of pictures to this thread, it's easier to just give the link to the page where you can view them all. You need to scroll down to the pics and ignore the text since its just there for down the road if/when I go back overseas and possibly lease it out for a short period: http://www.giovannisalvatore.com/rentals/units/vue_3502.htm

It has been a bigger adjustment moving from the Waverly to the VUE than I thought it would, however just in the last couple weeks it is finally starting to feel like home. Last night though was the first dose of 'real' thunderstorm that we've had downtown in the past month, and it will certainly take some time to get used to the lightning which was constantly hitting the lightning rods directly above my unit. It was one hell of a light show from the windows. Somehow I am going to have to quickly get over my fear of lightning, LOL. (I'm guessing that sitting with a drink on the terrace during a thunderstorm would be a BAD idea).

Fantastic pictures, The SW Corner is definitely my favorite unit in the building. Thanks for sharing !

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know what the outcome of this was? I haven't heard anything about it for months but just saw on their website that they now have a S. Orange Ave address.

I heard that deal fell through. A Border's bookstore or something like that would be perfect in that space.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still see moving trucks in the loading dock at The Vue which is good, but I have not seen any work done where the supper club is supposed to go. Does anyone have any further information or updates on this?

Senso/Mooba apparently backed out. As of last week, they do not have any commitments.

In my opinion, it didnt make sense to have a restaraunt/bar/club underneath the VUE, it is too far to walk and would be too complicated to park. On top of that, the surrounding areas doesnt seem to have future potential for dining or retail in stimulate that area. I think something inline of a brand name bookstore or retail store will be nice.

Speaking of eola 101, I saw that a sign for a tequila bar there. It may be old news, but thats what i saw sunday. It will compliment the Beacon crowd well.

Senso is supposed to go to 15 S Orange now. Harmoni's not going into 101 as far as I know. The Tequila Bar is Siento Uno ran by the Beacon Hill group.

Too bad about Harmoni Market. I agree about the Vue supporting restaurant dining, the area is a bit too far removed and Rosiland doesn't serve as a good street front (at least IMO).

I'm excited about the Beacon Hill groups tequila bar though. they seem to be pretty solid for getting things done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived