Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to offer a differing opinion than most on the boards... Today I walked through tally mall to check it out, I hadn't been in months.

Besides the Void left by Dillards, and gap, there are very few unoccupied spaces in the Tallahassee mall..

I know the restaurants down by the movies and coldstone have died also...

But but but........

I still dont think the mall is doing so bad for itself... I think they will land another major retailer, and the entertainment wing by the movies will see some new restaurants within the year.

As far as i'm concerned the tally mall snubs the disco mall hands down... My uses for the mall are different perhaps than the majority.... but still.

Example, Today I picked up some new cheap shades cause my other 10 dollar pair from the gas station broke... Then I went to the foodcourt, which by the way is doing as good as ever, with tons of restaurants, and a very diverse selection..

I helped myself to some Chicken Terriaki from Sarku japan,

The mall was great for me,,, I dont go shopping that often,, but it was great and a nice quick trip..

I believe tally mall will survive easily and any high end retailers that you all are lusting after can go to the pinnacle or the disco mall..

Well TD aren't you just a ray of sunshine today. Seriously, I'm very glad to hear that Tally Mall isn't dead and deserted. I too go to Tally Mall more than the disco mall b/c I'm not much of a clothes shopper. However I must confess that today I spent a lot time in Bloomies, Saks, Macy's, Nordies and Needless Mark-up, but that isn't usually the case. I go to the movies a lot at Tally Mall and hit the Old Navy and B & N a lot. I do hope they fill at least one of the vacant restaurant parcels across from the theatre soon.

Well TD aren't you just a ray of sunshine today. Seriously, I'm very glad to hear that Tally Mall isn't dead and deserted. I too go to Tally Mall more than the disco mall b/c I'm not much of a clothes shopper. However I must confess that today I spent a lot time in Bloomies, Saks, Macy's, Nordies and Needless Mark-up, but that isn't usually the case. I go to the movies a lot at Tally Mall and hit the Old Navy and B & N a lot. I do hope they fill at least one of the vacant restaurant parcels across from the theatre soon.

haha, i would be all over those stores if i was out of town also, there is just a mystique about the high end things, even though i wouldn't drop a penny there.

I am pretty sure that behind the scenes the Tally mall mgmt is trying to get the Dillards space filled again. Too bad that the Bass Pro Shop didn't pan out. I wonder how long it will take before they actually get it occupied once again. And hopefully not with a State of FL Gov't agency. I'm afraid if it remains empty for a year which is possible, it will increase the decline of the mall as a whole.

Poon, I do have to say, and Im sure you have already picked up on this, i love my hobby of naming things...

But the best in a while is definitely Disco Mall, I use it so often now, and I have to give you credit.

Thanks, I too use Disco Mall so often, I actually have to think for a second to remember what the real name is.

I tend to nickname everything too. I wonder why we do that?

Because its fun, and the real names are so boring.

Does anyone know what is going on with the panera bread at the Tallahassee Mall, The sign is still up , are they opening there or not.

First of all, welcome to UP seaty (just in case nobody else beat me to the punch).

With respect to the Panera location- I haven't heard anything one way or another. It wouldn't surprise me if they were waiting to see if another tenant comes in to replace Dillard's before moving forward as it's not uncommon for commercial leases in large retail centers/malls to have provisions for smaller merchants to opt out of their leases (with proper notice and timeframes of course) in the event that a large "anchor" tenant vacates. If I were the Panera franchisee, I don't know that I'd be chomping at the bit to get into that space right now w/o the additional traffic that a replacement large anchor would generate...........

Hey I laced up by platform shoes, slid into my bell bottoms and boogied on down to the Disco Mall this week. A few things I noticed:

Dillard's was much more organized this trip than my last one. They are actually in the process of doing some interior remodeling.

That's a huge Forever 21. Hopefully they can fill their vacancy near the food court soon.

I'm not a big fan of the management's slogan: "Welcome to the Mall Mom." I've seen that slogan for years b/c The Oaks Mall in Hogtown has been under their management much longer than our Disco Mall. That slogan seems too "old fashion" or fuddy-duddy" and not "hip enough" for cities w/young populations like Hogtown and Tally.

Finally, THAT IS Mike Rucker working at S&K!

Hey I laced up by platform shoes, slid into my bell bottoms and boogied on down to the Disco Mall this week. A few things I noticed:

Dillard's was much more organized this trip than my last one. They are actually in the process of doing some interior remodeling.

That's a huge Forever 21. Hopefully they can fill their vacancy near the food court soon.

I'm not a big fan of the management's slogan: "Welcome to the Mall Mom." I've seen that slogan for years b/c The Oaks Mall in Hogtown has been under their management much longer than our Disco Mall. That slogan seems too "old fashion" or fuddy-duddy" and not "hip enough" for cities w/young populations like Hogtown and Tally.

Finally, THAT IS Mike Rucker working at S&K!

tahahaha

Hey I laced up by platform shoes, slid into my bell bottoms and boogied on down to the Disco Mall this week.

Ha! :lol: U R 2 Funny, poonther!

Did you have your open collar polyester shirt on also & your Grease or Bee Gees 8 track tape playing on your trip there? Ha! :)

this information was from a store manager of a national store that's in the tallahassee mall , and he said there corp office told him that sales will get better . because they contacted the corp office of the mall, and the mall told them that they were in final talks with bass pro shop , and it was pretty much a done deal. if this is true or not, that's what was told to me on 4/21/08

this information was from a store manager of a national store that's in the tallahassee mall , and he said there corp office told him that sales will get better . because they contacted the corp office of the mall, and the mall told them that they were in final talks with bass pro shop , and it was pretty much a done deal. if this is true or not, that's what was told to me on 4/21/08

WOW great information SEATY! Woohoooo im so glad they will be coming!!! People will love bass pro shops!

Now, in the future please try the search feature before posting a new thread, its no big deal, just search cause we have a Malls thread already but

IM so glad they will be coming, this place will be hopping in no time if thats true!

this information was from a store manager of a national store that's in the Tallahassee mall , and he said there corp office told him that sales will get better . because they contacted the corp office of the mall, and the mall told them that they were in final talks with bass pro shop , and it was pretty much a done deal. if this is true or not, that's what was told to me on 4/21/08

Ah...I see the UP Gods moved this post from yesterday over to our Malls thread for us. Thanks Guys! :)

I believe it was Southron that fixed it for us. That's the second time I've asked him for a housekeeping favor and he tends to do it in no time at all. Thanks again!

seaty thanks for that scoop. I really really hope you are correct. I'd much rather see Bass go to Tally Mall than out to DeVoe's Mega Strip Center that "they've been waiting all their lives for" out east. :) Bass would really bring Tally Mall and the North Monroe Corridor back to life.

No sweat seaty in posting this in the wrong place. As GG politely explained to you, I wasn't Cap. shouting at you, I was only trying to keep others from posting there until Southron made the change for us.

Great scoop, keep us posted on any updates you hear about this please!

Thanks Seaty! I'm quite certain your info has sent some into a frenzy trying to verify this information. Great work!

• 4 weeks later...

So nothing ever came of the Bass Pro rumor? I read elsewhere that the project was not going to happen. Is that true?

I also read elsewhere that it had been RRM'ed that Nordstrom's wanted to move in here. This is definitely a RRM b/c Nordstrom's doesn't locate in metro's even close to our size especially here in the East.

So nothing ever came of the Bass Pro rumor? I read elsewhere that the project was not going to happen. Is that true?

I also read elsewhere that it had been RRM'ed that Nordstrom's wanted to move in here. This is definitely a RRM b/c Nordstrom's doesn't locate in metro's even close to our size especially here in the East.

I've heard two things on the Bass Pro Shops front...The first is that it has gone from being a full store to an outlet style store. The other is that they are now eyeing land out by the DeVoe Moore property to be more accessible to the interstate. Who knows if/what will happen.

I havent heard anything about Nordstroms, but like you I know that they arent in any market our size. That would be great though, especially if they went to Tallahassee Mall, but I wouldnt see them going there.

Archived