Federal Hill Restaurant/Retail

Cotuit

also, i just went by yesterday and noticed that spezia foodsmiths has closed and there's already a new sign up saying "walter's" something or other. that walter potenza guy owns the bldg. i liked spezia but there was never anyone in there. they had a good amt of organic & healthy stuff. i tried to support the business when i could as the mobs headed across the street to venda. but i always left thinking what a better deal i could've gotten at venda!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
The nondescript white house at the intersections of Dean, Federal and Kenyon streets? There was a sign with the name in one of the plate glass windows facing Kenyon - unusual name - I thought it was a bookstore or something! The sign came down a few years ago - not sure what's in there now.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they did a wonderful job with the Walgreens/ apt/condo building from the Atwells side. Even with the scaled down version, it's relation to the street is great and it fits in nicely. It would be nice to see something similar at the Belmonte Castello site.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Who knew Federal Hill would soon sport as many if not more galleries than Wickenden? Here's the latest from the Gallery Belleau website:

"October/6/2008

There have been rumors that Gallery Belleau is moving to Atwells Ave. here in Providence. It is true that I am opening another gallery on Atwells Ave. but I intend to stay in my present place on Wickenden St. I am still deciding what to name the gallery on Atwells Ave. My new location will be at 258 Atwells Ave across from Gallery Z."

Judith's lot is now used as the Constantino's valet lot (is the state senator/rep the owner of the restaurant? his campaign sign is displayed prominently in the lot as well).

they put up little chains around the lot on bond st. looks like that may end up becoming a parking lot as well (there's a nice big gap in the back where you can drive in, though it's chained up right now).

the federal hill florist location has been completely gutted and new cement was being laid down behind it when i left this morning. the former east coast tatoo location is boarded up. i'm wondering if that building is scheduled to be demolished as well (though there's that tarot card place in the same building).

Steve Costantino is brothers with Alan Costantino who is the venda guy. But you should call steve and tell him you don't vote for parking lots in your neighborhood. He's been an on again/off again advocate of good development on federal hill, but i suspect he was oddly silent on VTD...?

Steve Costantino is brothers with Alan Costantino who is the venda guy. But you should call steve and tell him you don't vote for parking lots in your neighborhood. He's been an on again/off again advocate of good development on federal hill, but i suspect he was oddly silent on VTD...?

Archived