Columbia Off-Topic

Spartan

I'm pulling for USC to be the only team in the Carolinas this year to win a championship.

It's a shame what happened to Duke. *tsk, tsk* Oh well...

BRING ONE BACK TO SOUTH CAROLINA, USC!!! :thumbsup:

I know right? Duke really screwed up my brackets. :angry:<_<

Oh well... Go Cocks! :D

^LOL, one of my co-workers told me that Winthrop screwed up his brackets because he had them set to beat Tennessee and go on to the Sweet 16. God KNOWS I would have loved to see that happen, but alas, it wasn't meant to be this year. Kudos to Wichita State for whippin' the Volunteers all the way back to Knoxville! :D

I watched Columbia City Council's March 22 meeting last night on cable channel 2 and the leader of Columbia's next energy initiative gave an update on Columbia's progress with fuel cells. USC and the city are in the driver's seat with this technology. They are turning heads in the field and positioning themselves through seminars and conventions to lure, cater to and nurture professionals in the field. He said that by 2021 the field is projected to be a 2+ trillion dollar industry nationwide. The city and USC's focus is now on staying in the lead and doing whatever it takes to grow the industry here in a very big way to cash in on it big time.

He included in his presentation USC's plans to continue building environmentally friendly buildings and to begin implementing next energy for power throughout Innovista.

I watched Columbia City Council's March 22 meeting last night on cable channel 2 and the leader of Columbia's next energy initiative gave an update on Columbia's progress with fuel cells. USC and the city are in the driver's seat with this technology. They are turning heads in the field and positioning themselves through seminars and conventions to lure, cater to and nurture professionals in the field. He said that by 2021 the field is projected to be a 2+ trillion dollar industry nationwide. The city and USC's focus is now on staying in the lead and doing whatever it takes to grow the industry here in a very big way to cash in on it big time.

He included in his presentation USC's plans to continue building environmentally friendly buildings and to begin implementing next energy for power throughout Innovista.

Now let's see....if Columbia can capture half of the 2 trillion dollar a year business... chaching chaching!

I think USC is poised to make history this year at MSG.

Which they did. Congratulations to the Gamecocks!

I didn't know the game was coming on so early; I thought it was going to be televised at 9pm instead of 7pm, so I missed it. Oh well, a win is a win!

Edited by krazeeboi

There's an article on the front page of the Columbia Star today about the Gervais Street bridge and the lights. There is going to be a ceremony April 3 with seating in the West Columbia Riverwalk ampitheatre to celebrate the relighting of the bridge. I think I've got that date right - give or take a day. Don't have my Star with me.

Who all is going to the bridge relighting tonight? I know my roommates and I will be on the riverwalk at around that time celebrating my 21st to watch the fireworks. Just wanted to know who all else will be out there tonight

I might go. Depends on whether I feel like I've spent enough time with my dog up till time to go. He wouldn't appreciate the fireworks.