photos of Governors Court condos in DT Greensboro

cityboi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The future center-city park will be nearby and possible downtown transportation such as a trolley system would border this residential development.

I know I've probably ran into the answer in the past weeks but how big is the center city park going to be?

Initially, a little over an acre which is not very big at all but there are future phases involved that would expand the park into the cultural district and would include the main library, Greensboro Historical Museum, and Greensboro Cultural Arts Center all within the parks boundaries. Sidewalk cafe's are envision with a number of water features, from ponds to fountains. You will see street vendors and street musicians in the park. Some city planners would also like to see a conservatory (botanical gardens) as part of the park.

Wow! It's really nice to have a museum and things like a conservatory as part of any urban park. I absolutely loved the parks in Chicago because they included all of these things. You could spend a whole day in a park and actually 4 or 5 days in Grant Park (the big one by the lake, think Married With Children intro) because of it's many museums and activities.

Archived