Please pardon the absence

VeeFan

Hi everyone, it's good to finally have a computer again! :D Our computer died about three and a half weeks ago, and I've been disconnected from the internet since then. It's like losing a limb practically. :o But everything's all set now, and a brand new computer came out of all of this! :D

I hope you didn't think I'd abandoned the site, I'd never do that! I have so much development news to catch up on now. :P

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I hate when that happens! I've got to start fresh on my computer at home...it doesn't really work at all. I can do that in the spare time that I don't have, LOL. If I end up moving to midtown Detroit in the fall it definately isn't going to happen. Fortunately, one of the few benefits of paying this university $22,000 per year is that I get a laptop with all the programs I need for my classes. They also repair it for free, and provide a replacement if it breaks. It could use a bigger hard drive though...I have downloaded way too many MP3s. LOL.

BTW, I don't think you've missed much in the way of development news...the news has tapered off from what it was a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome back!

You didn't miss much:

- The entertainment complex got the loan it needed to start construction in June.

- UM Flint dorms could start in June, too.

- The city hasn't forgot about the Smith Village project.

Glad you got your computer working. I thought I had it bad when I had to use dial-up for a couple of weeks this month.

Oh and Allan, you should check out a computer show in the Detroit area. You can get a very decent desktop PC for cheap - maybe $300 or less w/o monitor if the shows in Flint are any indication.

Oh and Allan, you should check out a computer show in the Detroit area. You can get a very decent desktop PC for cheap - maybe $300 or less w/o monitor if the shows in Flint are any indication.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a computer, it's just that I need to wipe the whole thing clean, reinstall windows, and reinstall the programs I use. I just need to find a free day....

Welcome back!

You didn't miss much:

- The entertainment complex got the loan it needed to start construction in June.

- UM Flint dorms could start in June, too.

- The city hasn't forgot about the Smith Village project.

Glad you got your computer working. I thought I had it bad when I had to use dial-up for a couple of weeks this month.

I'm so glad to hear the entertainment complex is going to go ahead! :D

The dorms could start, does that mean there's still some uncertainty about the dorms? :huh:

I meant that June is a possible date that construction will start. ;)

Oh, and you might want to look through the Mlive.com 14-day archive. I saw a number of articles about downtown Flushing, but I can't remember the details.

I'll have to peruse MLive then, because the only news out of Flushing really is that the city council is approving bids soon for a new contractor for the city hall (what a mess that's been!), some industrial areas have finally been rezoned to commercial, and reconstruction has begun on the old Bueches for Flushing Hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived