Charlotte starts non-stop service to Mexico City

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

US Airways flies Charlotte-Mexico City route

US Airways Group Inc. begins nonstop service this weekend between Charlotte and Mexico City.

The daily service departs Charlotte at 10:20 a.m. and arrives in Mexico City at 1:25 p.m.

Return flights depart Mexico City at 2:25 p.m. and arrive in Charlotte at 6:52 p.m.

Mexico City is US Airways' 15th destination in Latin America that's served nonstop from Charlotte.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some other Latin American/Caribbean destinations that US Airways will serve non-stop from Charlotte.

San Jose, Costa Rica (November)

La Romana, Dominican Republic (December)

St. Kitts (December)

Antigua (January)

When you include seasonal service to Bermuda, that will make 20 non-stop Latin American/Caribbean destinations from Charlotte and 24 total international destinations. The other four are Toronto, Montreal, London, and Frankfurt.

US Airways flies Charlotte-Mexico City route

US Airways Group Inc. begins nonstop service this weekend between Charlotte and Mexico City.

The daily service departs Charlotte at 10:20 a.m. and arrives in Mexico City at 1:25 p.m.

Return flights depart Mexico City at 2:25 p.m. and arrive in Charlotte at 6:52 p.m.

Mexico City is US Airways' 15th destination in Latin America that's served nonstop from Charlotte.

Paul,

Your being facetious, right?

Charlotte's Douglas has a little ways to go before it can compete with Hartsfield.

I understand that Lufthansa officials have Charlotte on their radar screen to begin CLT-Munich non-stops this spring.

Cheers,

Mike

Guest donaltopablo

I was mostly kidding, I think Atlanta will remain the biggest in the south for some time. But being the biggest certainly opens you up to competition, since your usually the most crowded and most expensive. Both of these factors hurt Atlanta.

In terms of being an International Port and/or a Gateway to the Carribean, Latin America, whatever, it would take some work, but it's possible Charlotte could see growth here if US Air does well and/or they can attract another airline hub.

But yes, for the most part, at least in the near future, I was joking. But it's always funnier when someone from the city being made of does it, right?

uptown living: How many Carribean destinations are served from Atlanta?
If you leave out Mexico and Central and South America then the best I can find is 9 destinations: Aruba, Bermuda, Freeport, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay(Air Jamaica also flies here), Nassau, San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Providenciales and Curaco are also on Delta's route map, but I couldn't find any non-stops from Atlanta.

Once US Airways starts the four flights I mentioned above then US Airways will fly to 15 Caribbean destinations from Charlotte: Antigua, Aruba, Bermuda, Freeport, Grand Cayman, La Romana, Montego Bay, Nassau, Providenciales, Punta Cana, San Juan, St. Croix, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.

So, Charlotte actually does have service to more Caribbean destinations than Atlanta.

Yeah, I have to agree, unfortunately he would be right. The Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach airports combined probably have 5-10 times as many as Charlotte or Atlanta. But, it is a little annoying that he always mentions how Miami has/will have non-stop flights to some destination when ever he mentions that Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, etc are getting some new flight. He does it on airliners.net too.

Archived