Cincinnati Pictures Taken Today *Must See*

montecarloss

Well I have to drive there first. Glances of Mason, OH area...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The sky was beautiful with no haze - YAY!

original.jpg

I-71 South to downtown Cincy

original.jpg

original.jpg

Fall colors in Cincy.

original.jpg

Wait, I think I see it?

original.jpg

3/4ths of a Mile? Outstanding!

original.jpg

Ahhhhhhh....

original.jpg

25 mph, tip? Nahhh

original.jpg

I think I can beat the Camaro on the right...

original.jpg

Behold - No more homeless tents under the bridge. Thank You Mayor Luken!

original.jpg

Carew Tower

original.jpg

Tyler Davidson Fountain

In 1860, Tyler Davidson and Henry Probasco first discussed the idea of presenting to the people of Cincinnati a fountain - an object of beauty and utility to the city where the brothers-in-law, partners and close friends made their fortune in the hardware business. In 1865, Davidson died before any specific plans had been made. Probasco sold their business and chose to pursue the purchase of a fountain as a practical use to the people and a memorial to Tyler Davidson. Henry Probasco traveled Europe in search of a fountain that bore no mythological intent nor conventional design. When Probasco came upon the Royal Foundry of Bavaria, at Munich, Ferdinand von Miller introduced to him the drawings of August von Kreling. Von Kreling's design depicted people in everyday pursuits enjoying the many blessings and uses of water. Probasco placed the order for the fountain. After three years of casting, it was dedicated on October 6, 1871 in lavish ceremonies on Probasco Place - later named Fountain Square.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wallpaper Material

original.jpg

Carew Tower never gets old... Built in 1931, 574 feet tall.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Fifth Third Center, Built in 1969, 423 feet tall. Fifth Third Bank is headquartered out of Cincinnati and is the 15th largest bank in the country.

original.jpg

original.jpg

PNC Tower, Built in 1913, originally 507 feet tall. When completed this was the 5th-tallest building in the world, only behind buildings in New York.

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a weird opinion of Ohio until I actually came here to visit and one year later, I was living here. I really enjoy living here.

Ohioans aren't like New Yorkers or Texans. You would never see a Ohioan wearing a I love Ohio t-shirt or such and many Ohioans move out of the state to see what else the country has to offer but seem to all come back to Ohio to settle down. Why because it is a great place to live and they realize that after they left.

Archived