Help promote UrbanPlanet.org!

Neo

I know that some of you have made banners, etc. yourself to promote this site so I decided to come up with some material for you to help promote the site. Here is the first official marketing material for UrbanPlanet.org. If you would like a very high quality print of this in 8x10 format please PM me and tell me where it will be going, how many people will see it, etc. and you may be entitled to receive this for free via US postal mail (sorry, no International shipments). The image posted below is the low quality version, to receive the high quality suitable for printing please following instructions below the image.

going_up_low.jpg

To download the high quality image please right click the following link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save Image As."

http://www.urbanplanet.org/advert/going_up_high.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

wanna revive this idea?

This particular idea is pretty much dead in the water. The site is now fairy self-sustaining and these promotion ideas were made to create the initial community. At this point I spend resources making sure content is on the major search engines and making sure we have a decent result when searching for items discussed on this site.

At one point I printed several thousand brochures and sent boxes of them to members willing to hand them out or place them in strategic locations. Just last month I recycled the remaining brochures that didn't get handed out (~60% of the original count). The brochures had become dated and were no longer 100% relevant. IMO it is better to place resources into the online space rather than try to promote the site in the physical world. We simply do not have the resources (largely financial) to pull it off and make it worth the effort.

Archived