The Avenue

monsoon

thx for the pics ^^^ I think it would be kind of scary to sit on the bacony in one of those condo towers. The one with the exposed concrete slabs just seem so, shall I say, breakable. It would definately be interesting to be "hanging off the side" of your building sipping on a glass of wine with a friend 34 floors up and all of a sudden you start to to a cracking sound. :w00t:

Of even worse yet, have a stumbling drunk friend get a little too excited and fall off. :shok: I am not afraid of heights, but I bet sitting on one would feel kind of wild. JMO.

A2

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what's going in, but I would doubt that a Borders or B&N would go there...not now at least. Until Uptown is a retail destination, or grows significantly in population, I would see it as a big risk for a larger retailer to take. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a good bookstore Uptown, but I don't see a large national chain going in anytime soon.

Not sure if either of the suggestions you made have smaller "urban" store concepts, but I could see that as an alternative.

Archived