Mayor Littlefield Recall

flith

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For whatever reason people don't think he is doing a good job. A recall doesn't require anything illegal to have been done, all it requires is that a sufficient percentage of the population feels the elected official has failed to do his job adequately. Personally, I have no problem with Littlefield, though I don't live in Chattanooga proper. A successful recall might remind the other politicians to tread carefully on highly contentious legislation that tends to only benefit a select few. For example, the Hamilton County School Board voting to give themselves a pension. Perhaps if they realized they could be recalled, they might not just vote themselves some more money.

I agree with a recall over voting in a pay raise or pension in tuff times. However, a necessary tax increase? I guess it could be argued unnecessary, but how much can you cut a budget? There is a point where there is nothing else to cut, and the cuts could end up costing more than they are worth in the future.

I agree with a recall over voting in a pay raise or pension in tuff times. However, a necessary tax increase? I guess it could be argued unnecessary, but how much can you cut a budget? There is a point where there is nothing else to cut, and the cuts could end up costing more than they are worth in the future.

I guess people don't feel like its necessary. And truth be told, it probably isn't. Politicians find it much easier to just raise taxes then actually make an effort to fix the budget. I mean, after all, its not their money they are wasting, its everyone else's. Chattanooga has insanely high tax rates compared to the rest of the cities in the county, yet offers very little more in the way of services.

• 1 month later...

Archived