[Chicago] Midway vs. O'Hare... help

QueenCity17

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am familiar with flying in and out of both airports as a former downtown resident. Both airports have heavy rail (subway/EL) connections to downtown. The ride downtown from Midway is a little shorter and will put you out closest to Soldier Field. Midway is obviously a smaller airport than O'hare, but I would wager that they are equally congested. The benefit of Midway is that it is smaller so your walk from the terminal to the train will likely be shorter.

If you fly into O'hare and go directly to Soldier Field you will need to transfer from the blue line train to the red line. It has been a while since I flew into Midway and took the train downtown, but I think it is something like 30 or 35 minutes. The ride from O'hare is 45 minutes, a little longer if you need to transfer to the red line.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you may have.

Archived