Newington

Mr. Brass Bonanza

Mayor Wright said last week that the hotel project at the corner of Russel Road and East Center Street is on track, which is great to hear. He also said new restaurants on the Berlin Turnpike and Newington Center are coming. He said it in the future tense, so I'm assuming he's not referring to restaurants that just opened, like Joey Garlics. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks,

Mark

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to hear about new restaurants coming to both the Turnpike and the Center. I wonder which ones. I believe Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is coming to the Center in April or something.

About the hotel project; the hotel is being put off until a later date, however, the gas station and restaurant and bank pad sites will be going ahead as planned. The hotel will be the last phase of the project.

Will any supermarket ever move in to Food Mart? ShopRite or Geissler's would be perfect. Even a Long-Island based store, Best Yet Market inquired about the space, but didn't follow through. I see so much potential for that entire plaza and the Post Office could use improvements as well. Their mail boxes are out in a crappy location. This whole strip of Lowrey Place is unkept and can be THE spot for the locals, but of course, the town won't step in and get this owner to get his/her act together.

I'm a little bummed to hear about the hotel. I hope that goes through. That's what makes the project attractive to me. Is Marriott pulling out?

Whatever's going up to the left of Wendy's on the Berlin Turnpike is finally rising off the ground. Do we know if it's Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Horton's?

I agree...Lowrey Place is a sad sight. I was wondering why they moved the mailboxes. Someone probably complained for whatever reason for them being on the street...you know how some people can be. Since I live so close, I really miss Food Mart being there. Wasn't People's Bank supposed to build a free-standing building in the parking lot?

I'm a little bummed to hear about the hotel. I hope that goes through. That's what makes the project attractive to me. Is Marriott pulling out?

Whatever's going up to the left of Wendy's on the Berlin Turnpike is finally rising off the ground. Do we know if it's Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Horton's?

I agree...Lowrey Place is a sad sight. I was wondering why they moved the mailboxes. Someone probably complained for whatever reason for them being on the street...you know how some people can be. Since I live so close, I really miss Food Mart being there. Wasn't People's Bank supposed to build a free-standing building in the parking lot?

Archived