September 11th, 2008

I've just moved up here recently. And the past couple nights before bed I've noticed They've had the pillars of light for the WTCs on, I'm assuming its for the coming 7th anniversary of the event. Being a new New Yorker, I was wondering if there is anything else planned for the Anniversary? I'll take a pic from my neighborhood tommorrow.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just moved up here recently. And the past couple nights before bed I've noticed They've had the pillars of light for the WTCs on, I'm assuming its for the coming 7th anniversary of the event. Being a new New Yorker, I was wondering if there is anything else planned for the Anniversary? I'll take a pic from my neighborhood tommorrow.

Welcome to the city nible. Those pillars are actually called "The Towers of Light" and have been an annual tradition to commemorate 9/11 since immediately after 9/11. I'm sure there will be a the annual roll call of victims names, but to be honest most New Yorker's have had more than their fair share of 9/11 fatigue. I would go to the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation and the NYC.GOV to get a list of events. I"m sure there will be galleries in Tribeca and a few screenings as well. There won't be any major events this year in my opinion as everyone is really hoping to have some real progress on ground zero for the 10th anniversary. I hope that helps.

Archived