Pendragon in the Park and more! Thursday July 17 4-8pm

ecolli93

Hello Westsiders et al,

Bring a blanket and join in the fun!

The West Broadway Neighborhood Association, the City of Providence, and the Department of Art, Culture + Tourism are sponsoring a free concert featuring the traditional Celtic sounds of Pendragon on July 17, 2008 from 6-8pm at Dexter Training Grounds Park.

The concert will be held in conjunction with the Parade Street Farmers

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pendragon is a great Rhode Ilsand asset, but I wonder if they are the correct venue for the West End? I saw them in Pawtucket Saturday night and it was mostly an older crowd and not ethnically diverse. The West End has long lost the Irish families that surrounded the training grounds. I think the money could have been better spent with a group that represents the neighborhood. I look forward to seeing Pendragon at The John Brown House in a couple of weeks and I might get to their Celtic Festival this Saturday in Cumberland. Bob is at Wards on Monday and Patricks on Tuesday.

Archived