San Francisco Photo of the Day

Charles Pearson

CLP-2606elbethelfarmersmarket.jpg

El Bethel Farmers Market

CLP-2614cloudsovercitypachtsfillmore.jpgAfternoon Clouds over Pacific Hts / Fillmore Center homes

CLP-2569dolorestreet.jpgDolores at Market Street "Whole Foods/Highrise crane"

CLP-2602thepigeons.jpg

Plaza: Roosting pigeons at Powell Street BART/MUNI Station/San Francisco Visitors Center, Powell at Market/Fifth & Cyril Magnim Street

CLP-2603cyrilmagnum.jpg

Cyril Magnin with St. Francis Hotel Tower (center) in distance & City Target at Metreon "coming soon" ad

Edited by Zahc

Glad you're keeping this going. The City is one of the most photogenic cities...well, maybe ever. My brother lived on the edge of the Tenderloin, ow lives in the Sunset. As a kid (I grew up in Milpitas), I always liked seeing "The Town", although I was always cold LOL. Now that I am older I have a lot of respect for this city and tge endless photographic opportunities it presents.

Edited by FromCityToRural
  • Like 1

...yes, FOUR years seems like a long time ago as I approach my 29th anniversary as a San Franciscan when I left Charleston after a Halloween Party "incident" at defunct Garden & Gun Private Club (that wouldn't let our friend Linda enter the club because Linda was a girl, so we ended up partying elsewhere) before my flight on EasternAir (defunct like G&G) that flew to Charlotte, then took another flight to Atlanta (a better flight connection was there instead of waiting in Charlotte...) to arrive in SAN FRANCISCO earlier since I could hardly wait to get here...

Was only planning to stay here for two months; but then decided why should I go home again when I was already at home...

Edited by Zahc

• 2 weeks later...

The Way We Were

The Way It Is 2012

TL's Turk Street between Mason & Taylor

turkstreet1935and2012thewaywewere001.jpg

Turk Street 1935 and 2012

CLP-2798turkstreetattaylor-Mayhem.jpg

When dealers/pushers fight...

CLP-0078TL.jpg

Prop L "No Sit & Lie" doesn't really apply here...

CLP-0797THEWAYWEWERE_turkstreet1935-45.jpg

CLP-0800turkstreet2012.jpg

CLP-1704cityhall.jpg

CIVIC CENTER: CITY HALL,

COURT HOUSE & SFPUC HEADQUARTERS BLDG

CLP-1705cccourthouse.jpg

Edited by Zahc