Favorite Michigan Radio Stations

wolverine

So what are your favorite radio stations around the state? I've listed my stations and their coverage areas

102.7 FM WHTD MT CLEMENS {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} HIP HOP, URBAN ADULT CONTEMPORARY {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage: Detroit area (blacks out Ann Arbor area to avoid interference with 102.9)

97.9 FM WJLB, DETROIT {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} HIP HOP, R&B, URBAN ADULT CONTEMPORARY {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage: Most of Southeast Michigan

95.5 FM WKQI, DETROIT, {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} TOP 40, URBAN ADULT CONTEMPORARY {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage: Most of Southeast Michigan and Flint area.

93.7 FM WRCL, FRANKENMUTH {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} HIP HOP, URBAN ADULT CONTEMPORARY {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage: Saginaw and Flint areas

97.5 FM WJIM, LANSING {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} TOP 40, CONTEMPORARY HITS {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage: Mid Michigan (Lansing and Flint), Most of SE Michigan

102.5 FM WIOG, SAGINAW {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} TOP 40, CONTEMPORARY HITS {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Coverage Mid Michigan, Lower parts of Northern Michigan, Northern Ann Arbor area

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really haven't paid enough attention when traveling (or traveled that much) to be connoisseur of Michigan radio, but these few stick out for me in no particular order:

- 96.5 WQHH, Lansing (urban/hip hop): An impressive hip hop station for such a small community. For a time, it's morning show was one of the top (if not the top, can't remember) shows in the market. Unfortunately, it's rather low-powered, so it has sucky reception, and doesn't even cover the whole city of Lansing, but covers huge, sparesly populated rural lands. And, with being bought out by McDonald Broadcasting in 2006, the quality of the radio shows have gone down.

- 97.5 WJIM, Lansing (Top 40): What can I say? You always need a reliable Top 40 station, right?

- 97.9 WJLB, Detroit (urban/hip hop): just an all-around great big city hip hop station.

- 88.9 WDBM, Michigan State University (The Impact): It's a top-rated college station, and it earns it.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever heard of 89.1 WIDR? Its the WMU station very similar to 88.9 WDBM MSU, only it plays less main stream music. There is a large variaty and it is scheduled for different types of music at different time depending on the DJ. There is everything from bluegrass, to hip-hop, heavy metal, international, and my favorte hour, Dub / reggae. The only bad thing is its such a weak signal you have to be pretty much within a 10 mi or so radius to WMU pretty much West Kalamazoo only.

Archived