New Hotel Downtown South Bend

mgman

Not as impressive in my opinion as the development in Gary but downtown South Bend is going to get a pretty big new hotel by the college football hall of fame. This is a great thing for a downtown that needs a lot of work, again in my opinion. I always felt that the way downtown South Bend was built facilitated the growth outside of downtown, for instance, 933 and U.S. 20 make it extremely easy to fly right on through downtown. With that being said, I have only spent a brief period of time downtown. Here is a link to the South Bend Tribune article:

New hotel to boast 300 rooms

• 1 month later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not as impressive in my opinion as the development in Gary but downtown South Bend is going to get a pretty big new hotel by the college football hall of fame. This is a great thing for a downtown that needs a lot of work, again in my opinion. I always felt that the way downtown South Bend was built facilitated the growth outside of downtown, for instance, 933 and U.S. 20 make it extremely easy to fly right on through downtown. With that being said, I have only spent a brief period of time downtown. Here is a link to the South Bend Tribune article:

New hotel to boast 300 rooms

From what I read, they also demolished most of downtown during the 1950's "urban renewal" frenzy; is that not another big problem in South Bend? I've been avoiding visiting South Bend for fear I would find it way too depressing.

Archived