Old topics in the forums

jice

Just wondering... do you ever delete old topics in the forums? and for that matter, in the wiki?

I hope the answer is no... since I feel like there is lots of valuable information in there that should be archived forever in history :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We normally don't delete topics from the forum, but there are some occasions where we do. For example we have deleted older topics that have 0 responses and are several years old. I think we did clean up like this against 2003 and 2004. Also, some of the older stuff that we tried such as a simcity forum were deleted since they were no longer relevant to the kind of forum that we have now. Beyond this however everything else should still be there.

Just wondering... do you ever delete old topics in the forums? and for that matter, in the wiki?

I hope the answer is no... since I feel like there is lots of valuable information in there that should be archived forever in history :)

Just to reiterate what monsoon stated, we do keep almost everything. We have most of the content since day one and the only time something is removed is if it is a very old topic with no replies or if it is not relevant to our forum, such as the SimCity section that we once had. I agree that almost everything posted on UP is relevant today and tomorrow alike and we are happy to archive it and make it viewable and searchable for all future users.

I understand about cleaning up irrelevant topics... but not so sure I agree on deleting topics that have 0 replies, assuming they are relevant to urban development in some way. Some of those could still have valid content, but im sure you guys use your discretion there anyway. Besides, the majority of topics that are worth keeping are going to have at least a few replies.

I'm glad to hear you feel the same as me regarding the importance of (most of) the info posted on UP :)

I understand about cleaning up irrelevant topics... but not so sure I agree on deleting topics that have 0 replies, assuming they are relevant to urban development in some way. Some of those could still have valid content, but im sure you guys use your discretion there anyway. Besides, the majority of topics that are worth keeping are going to have at least a few replies.

I'm glad to hear you feel the same as me regarding the importance of (most of) the info posted on UP :)

Well, we don't blanket delete any threads with 0 replies. Obviously there are items that are useful to others that don't really need a reply to be worthy of staying.

Archived