Capricorn Centre

dougtha1

Has anyone heard the good news yet??? Downtown is gettin a 4.2 acre/$29 million development on two block between MLK and Fifth St.

13WMAZ

According to a NewTown Macon news release, the Capricorn Centre site will include 30 townhouses, a five-story residential and commercial building, and an 85-room "boutique hotel."

The project will also include what NewTown calls "an adaptive reuse" of the Macon Rescue Mission and the old Capricorn Recording Studio buildings, where the Allman Brothers and other Macon-based musicians created hits in the 1970s.

The 4.2-acre site is located between Martin Luther King Boulevard and Fifth Street, between Poplar, Plum and Pine streets.

Macon Telegraph

A new $29 million residential and retail district has been planned for the area around the old Capricorn Recording Studios buildings and Macon Rescue Mission on Martin Luther King Boulevard.

Developers plan to announce the project, dubbed Capricorn Centre, Monday as part of Living It Up Downtown Week.

Capricorn Centre will include 4.2 acres between Poplar and Plum streets. It will include Capricorn Place, a 30-unit town home community, a five-story residential, retail and commercial building, and an 85-room boutique hotel, according to a news release from NewTown Macon.

View Map

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard the good news yet??? Downtown is gettin a 4.2 acre/$29 million development on two block between MLK and Fifth St.

13WMAZ

According to a NewTown Macon news release, the Capricorn Centre site will include 30 townhouses, a five-story residential and commercial building, and an 85-room "boutique hotel."

The project will also include what NewTown calls "an adaptive reuse" of the Macon Rescue Mission and the old Capricorn Recording Studio buildings, where the Allman Brothers and other Macon-based musicians created hits in the 1970s.

The 4.2-acre site is located between Martin Luther King Boulevard and Fifth Street, between Poplar, Plum and Pine streets.

Macon Telegraph

A new $29 million residential and retail district has been planned for the area around the old Capricorn Recording Studios buildings and Macon Rescue Mission on Martin Luther King Boulevard.

Developers plan to announce the project, dubbed Capricorn Centre, Monday as part of Living It Up Downtown Week.

Capricorn Centre will include 4.2 acres between Poplar and Plum streets. It will include Capricorn Place, a 30-unit town home community, a five-story residential, retail and commercial building, and an 85-room boutique hotel, according to a news release from NewTown Macon.

View Map

I glad to hear about this development in DT Macon i just wish they would build more high rise Development DT, but hopefully it this goes well and the demand rockets the next developments will be on a larger scale or even get some high rise condos like the ones in Augusta.

I think this

• 4 months later...

Looks like construction is set to start in July 09.Plans call for 275 condos and townhomes in four multi-story buildings.

So this will part of the Capricorn Centre project or is it something different, i wish they would go higher on developments in DT Macon , but I'm sure these buildings probably want go pass 3-5 stories.... but thats great to hear.

So this will part of the Capricorn Centre project or is it something different, i wish they would go higher on developments in DT Macon , but I'm sure these buildings probably want go pass 3-5 stories.... but thats great to hear.

It's part of Capicorn Center. The last I heard they will be between 3-5 stories,but it's still in the design phase.Dunnwoody beeland are the architects.They designed the Gateway Plaza.Dunnwoody is also one of the investors.

It's part of Capicorn Center. The last I heard they will be between 3-5 stories,but it's still in the design phase.Dunnwoody beeland are the architects.They designed the Gateway Plaza.Dunnwoody is also one of the investors.

ok thanks, it would be wonderful if they design them as nice as the Gateway plaza

• 5 months later...

Dunnwoody,Beeland is seeking a conditional use permit for 560 MLK for a mixed-use building with residential and retail space.Looks like they are moving forward with this part of the project. :rolleyes: this will be the first ground up construction of residential space in the heart of downtown in decades.

Dunnwoody,Beeland is seeking a conditional use permit for 560 MLK for a mixed-use building with residential and retail space.Looks like they are moving forward with this part of the project. :rolleyes: this will be the first ground up construction of residential space in the heart of downtown in decades.

Great news!!

• 1 year later...

Archived