Who Actually Lives In Downcity Providence?

bod

That's interesting, I did not know that was one in the same. I've been meaning to stop in there, but the last time I was going to go for lunch and they weren't open until 12, so we went to Cuban Revolution instead. I'd be skeptical about eating a taco from a truck.. especially the 1/3 price ones, which most likely, do not possess a license from the board of health.

It is the permanent home of the one and the same taco truck that TheAnk is talking about. With a bar and outside tables. And right next door to AS220's gallery/performance space.

By the way, the Taco Truck is at the Dexter Training Ground farmers' market every Thursday evening in the summer. But they have to compete with trucks run by actual Mexicans (or maybe Hondurans or something, I don't know), where the tacos are like 1/3 the price.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this taqueria the same truck that used to hit Decatur? I miss that place and its $2 gansetts and Joe-sadilla.. That was one of my favorite summertime excuses to drink beer; outdoor setting, taco truck, cheap beer = guaranteed good times.. (Note, normally a patchouli comment would be inserted, but I want to get back on Cotuit's non-hate list)

RE: the O'ville NA, I really wish they wouldn't represent our hood like they do.. But I guess they deserve some credit for not being habitual backbenchers (frymasterspeck; verse 3, psalm 15)

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jen is public forums and seen her opinions and style at work and I personally don't like her. To me, she is part of the old guard that is the problem not a solution.

Off the top of my head the only place to live downdown that is reasonable would be the Lofts at The Strand. They tend to go for around $150-$175k. The problem of course is that you live in the same building as a large, loud nightclub. Beyond that I dont know how you can live downtown proper without having what I consider to be a lot of money. I think my family is reasonably middle class and I know there is no way in hell we could afford to live downtown. I'm fine with my uh, suburban lifestyle in the Armory.

Archived