Another bug?

jice

I signed in from work today, and made my way to the TN forums, where I noticed the Nashville subforum was grey, and said no new posts. Went into it, and sure enough, I have NO new posts. I was on last night from home, and had plenty of unread posts to go through... and now suddenly they are all marked as read?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok... on second thought, I tried Firefox, and viola! All my unread posts are marked as expected. Maybe this is another IE7 Vista thing??? (yes, I am using Vista at work as well... what am I thinking???)

Weird though... cause it looked like the Nashville subforum was the only one greyed out like all the messages had already been read...?

There is a known bug in the current version regarding post/forum read/unread markers. An update for this is imminent though I did apply a hotfix that should resolve many of the issues folks are having. That hotfix was updated a couple of days ago so make sure you're seeing the latest version of the site (clear your browser's cache to make sure).

Ok, this time I started off with Firefox and got the same thing... the Nashville forum was marked as all read, other forums looked ok. Cleared my cache and refreshed, same thing. Logged out & back in, same thing.

Opened IE and logged in, without clearing cache... and it showed me some unread... but looks like it only shows maybe the unread from the last 24 hours or something? Cause I had a lot more unread than that.

Cool. I'll let ya know if its still happening a week or two from now...

I have updated the software to the latest version which should include fixes for your issue. Please make a report in the bug tracker if you have any further issues. Thanks!

Archived