Bug? Goto last unread

jice

I tried to put this in the Bug Tracker, but it said I dont have permission.

Seems like something has happened to the "Goto last unread" feature of the forums. I used to be able to click the little orange-ish flag next to a topic and it would take me to any posts that I haven't read yet. But lately, in the past couple months maybe, most of the time it just takes you to the top of the page of the unread posts... it doesn't scroll down to the actual unread posts. So I end up having to scroll through posts that i've already read, to get to the ones that I haven't read yet.

Every once in a while, the feature will work correctly... but most of the time it doesn't work anymore.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to put this in the Bug Tracker, but it said I dont have permission.

Seems like something has happened to the "Goto last unread" feature of the forums. I used to be able to click the little orange-ish flag next to a topic and it would take me to any posts that I haven't read yet. But lately, in the past couple months maybe, most of the time it just takes you to the top of the page of the unread posts... it doesn't scroll down to the actual unread posts. So I end up having to scroll through posts that i've already read, to get to the ones that I haven't read yet.

Every once in a while, the feature will work correctly... but most of the time it doesn't work anymore.

First off I believe I have fixed the issue you experienced with our bug tracker, sorry about that!

Secondly, I have gotten a couple more reports for the bug you mentioned regarding the get last post feature. Unfortunately it is a very rare occurance it seems but for a couple it is a real issue. I will add your experience to the others in hopes of a solution. Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

Thanks!

Is it possible that its related to my browser or something? I was just thinking... im pretty sure it didnt happen when I was using XP & IE7... now im using Vista Ultimate & IE7. I guess I could try Firefox for a while & see...

I'm 100% a Firefox user and rarely go into IE except for testing. Until late last week I was using XP Pro and I couldn't reproduce the problem with any browser (including IE) but I am now using Vista Ultimate as well. I just tried to reproduce the problem using IE7 in Vista Ultimate and I was able to reproduce it. I can't reproduce it under Firefox in Vista Ultimate however. This will definitely help to expedite the solution to this problem. :)

So far so good with Firefox on Vista Ultimate :thumbsup:

Gotta hand it to Microsoft sometimes... assuming this is a IE7 problem. I know we've had our fair share of brand new issues at work, after updating everybody to IE7 :)

It is sometimes tough to get everything working in precisely the same way across all browser platforms for sure.

Archived