Urban things to do

memphica

I'm from Memphis but i was in Birmingham a couple days this week. I took in some sites and of course one of those was going up to VULCAN observation deck. My friend was too afraid to even walk around it ha ha.. I must say it was a great view of the city. I was impressed to with the way your downtown is kept clean. I ate at sneaky Petes downtown in the shadow of the big buildings. Great food, but whatever that lil restraunt is that is next door... that place is a terrible!!!! We got up and went next door to sneaky's. I was disappointed to find that your water/theme park was closed for the week until weekend. Hope to make it back there soon and check that out also. We looked for the southpoint area or whatever but was unsure where it was.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coolest areas would be around Lakeview (6th, 7th Avenues South, and University Boulevard between 27th and 29th Streets South) and Five Points South (the convergence of 19th Street, 10th Court, and 11th Avenue South). Those areas are home to the the area's hip bars and clubs.

The coolest areas would be around Lakeview (6th, 7th Avenues South, and University Boulevard between 27th and 29th Streets South) and Five Points South (the convergence of 19th Street, 10th Court, and 11th Avenue South). Those areas are home to the the area's hip bars and clubs.

I think the best place to check out is downtown. Nightlife is sparse, but present - and the tableau is more visually rich. Other possibilities include Highland Avenue, downtown Homewood, and the villages of Mountain Brook. For residential neighborhoods: Ensley Highlands, Norwood, Highland Park, Glen Iris, Smithfield, Redmont, Forest Park, Avondale, Crestwood, Crestline, and most of Homewood and Mountain Brook.

Archived