Can anyone tell me about Bangor Maine?

twins977

My family and I are thinking of relocating to Bangor from Auburn, Alabama. We've been in the South now for about 8 years and that's been 8 years too long. Had enough - want out. It looks like a good place to raise children, but I would like to hear from all of you that have experience with the place. Thanks for any info you can provide.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My family and I are thinking of relocating to Bangor from Auburn, Alabama. We've been in the South now for about 8 years and that's been 8 years too long. Had enough - want out. It looks like a good place to raise children, but I would like to hear from all of you that have experience with the place. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Yeah, I think if you're looking at Bangor it should be because you're interested in what the rest of Northern Maine has to offer. Personally I'd probably rather be on the coast somewhere like Belfast, or ideally, way Downeast like Machias. If you're looking for a city vibe, Portland is the way to go, and even there, Maine's great outdoors is right nearby.

Yeah, I think if you're looking at Bangor it should be because you're interested in what the rest of Northern Maine has to offer. Personally I'd probably rather be on the coast somewhere like Belfast, or ideally, way Downeast like Machias. If you're looking for a city vibe, Portland is the way to go, and even there, Maine's great outdoors is right nearby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived