First Friday/Gaines and All Saints at night

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go to First Fridays a lot and have for years way before it became popular and they ran the trolley. I may go to RR SQ tonight if it doesn't rain. There's this new consignment furniture store I wanna check out.

I know AiT from here goes to FF a lot too.

Okay all you marketing & PR gurus and wanna-be's here's your chance to shine...

My wife and I are both 44 years old, caucasian and don't like loud, crowded events. I like many types of music (except gangsta rap, death metal and their respective variations) but she prefers a more limited list of genres she enjoys. We don't have a load of money to spend.

So here's your assignment...convince us what First Friday offers us...a boring couple with no social life to speak of.

Not a marketing or PR guru here Beukeboom, but as someone two years your junior (but not opposed to loud music or folks thanks to genetic hearing loss) here's what I'd do to see if I like FF's or not: I load up the Misses in the car and drive down to RR SQ for a FF and just park there. You can walk all around the SQ and check out all the art and people watch. Sometimes they have beverages for sale in from of Gallery 621 and sometimes not. If you get hungry you can eat a reasonably priced meal in the caboose restaurant called Renaissance, however be warned it's rather crowded on FF's.

Another option is to take the more formal route and visit the FL Museum of History and/or the Brogan. Both participate in FF's and then hit up one of the downtown eatery's like Harry's on Kleman.

A final option would be to go and park at Chez Pierre, have a cocktail, then board the trolley that leaves from there at 6pm and do the tour w/them. I believe it cost 5 bucks round trip.

We always found that FF's were more fun w/a group of friends.

So as you can see FF's can cost you virtually nothing more than gas money or you can make an evening of it w/dinner, drinks the works and spend a lot of money.

Fall is coming up and weather-wise those can be some of the best FF's.

Thanks G.

I definitely think that FF's are worth doing a few times a year. We do it more often only b/c we do it in conjunction w/something else like dinner w/friends, entertaining out of town guests or even catching a flick afterwards.

Archived