Venue Mgt, Cinema Arts in Columbus

aboutmetro

Since Georgia has a new economic development project to increase the 'biz' side of showbiz, I would love to see a joint project with Carmike and CSU to develop a cinema arts program at CSU. Return the old Bradley to its former glory and it would make an ideal venue for such a thing. Couldn't you just imagine a Sundance style competition right here in the Valley?

And I don't know what schools in Georgia offer venue management as maybe a specialty within a business school. But that could be an offshoot niche for CSU as well.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATLANTA -- ATLANTA, May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Film, Video & Music Office today announced the results of a recent study on the economic impact of the commercial music industry in Georgia. Findings revealed that the music industry in the Peach State generates more than $385 million annually, creating approximately 3,500 jobs and generating more than $16 million in tax revenues.

"Georgia has long been associated with great music and musicians," said Glenn Cornell, commissioner of the Georgia Department of Industry, Trade & Tourism (GDITT). "Furthermore, Atlanta's ... "

More food for thought...

Since Georgia has a new economic development project to increase the 'biz' side of showbiz, I would love to see a joint project with Carmike and CSU to develop a cinema arts program at CSU. Return the old Bradley to its former glory and it would make an ideal venue for such a thing. Couldn't you just imagine a Sundance style competition right here in the Valley?

And I don't know what schools in Georgia offer venue management as maybe a specialty within a business school. But that could be an offshoot niche for CSU as well.

That certainly ties in with CSU's paramount role in the area of drama. Could have other ends of spectrum covered -- the stage AND screen. I like it -- if could get housed DT that would really help with the developing Bohemian/artsy feel of the DT area. Wilmington NC has become a mini-Hollywood for movie/TV productions. No reason why Columbus could not emulate them. The CoC sponsors a trip each year or so to other cities to look at what they are doing in terms of rehab/development. Maybe someone should suggest Wilmington as a possible location for a future factfinding locale.

• 6 months later...

Archived