Downtown Fayetteville NEW Art Museum

CapeFearRiver10

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm glad Fayetteville is getting this, I don't too much care for the design. I like the side of the "tower" portion here that faces the road:

n10museum3.jpg

But from other angles, it looks like just a big blank concrete slab:

n10museum4.jpg

n10museum2.jpg

n10museum.jpg

The city should instead go with something like Roanoke's new art museum, which is under construction:

future_panoStreet.jpg

AMWV.jpg

wish it wouldnt take 5 years to get it completed, though i'm very happy to see something like that built downtown, maybe soon they can start moving further east and stop going towards the hoke county line.

Does anybody rememeber that 405 ft. glass shield Radio tower thats was suppose to be built in downtown?..... I wish that was built instead of building another darn Water fountain. So many old residents were against this... But anyway Fayetteville is really taking off now.

post-10405-1184132941_thumb.jpg

Theres a 3-D model of the project. This tower will compete with the Systel building finally.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=267138

post-10405-1184132941_thumb.jpg

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=267437

Fayetteville talks about how its time for a change and the majority wants the project, but I just can't stand those people who complain about how much it cost....Shut up already Jeezz! The project could cost about $12-15 million but so what... I hope the "naysayers" would not get in the way of this. They already let the best thing that ever could of came to Fayetteville slip away by the "naysayer" it was a 405 ft multiple color light radio tower that thing looked so bad ass. I sure hope that tower gets another chance. Plus to shut those damn naysayers up the art musuem officials say they already have a sure deal with private investment that $10 million is there. So I'm sure the city/county can raise $2 Million for it.

Archived