Beautification of Downtown

G-townTN

I love downtown and all, I also think it is great how the city is encouraging people to come back down there. The only thing I feel is missing is an all out beautification of the city streets. We really don't have many flowers or trees along our side walks. What if the city spent a little bit of money building some flower beds at the corners of each street or something simple along those lines? I am not sure this would be too difficult. I have seen pictures of other downtowns in the south and it seems most cities have spent some time and money building up the look of their city centers. It is great that they renovated court square, but I think it would be even better if you could walk down any street and see colors.

It seems to me that this would be another big way to bring families and people back downtown. Heck if the city wanted to spend a little more money they could have an event in the spring time that would spot light the blooming season. This is just a thought. I figured a pretty downtown is better than a concrete one.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived