Proposed Road Projects in Mobile Metro

elb401

Mobile Metro's important road projects  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which are the most important proposed Road projects in Mobile County?

• Widening of Highway 98 to Mississippi
    • West Mobile Bypass
    • I-10 river bridge and widening of Bayway
    • New Highway or Interstate from Mobile to Muscle Shoals
  2. 2. Which are the most important proposed Road projects in Baldwin County?

• New I-10 and I-65 exits and extensions of the Foley Beach Express
    • Widening of Highway 98 on Eastern Shore
    • I-10 service roads from Spanish Fort to Malbis then to Loxley
    • Widening of Highway 181 (county road 27)
    • New bridge over Wolf Bay in Orange Beach
  3. 3. Do you think I-10 should be widened to 3 lanes from Mobile to Biloxi?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you believe there could be an economic and transportation need to have a new interstate from Mobile to Hattiesburg, MS then to Jackson, MS?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, I was driving back from Hattiesburg, MS and was thinking about if there was a new Interstate. It would help speed things along through the counties, increase the safety, but most importantly give places like Lucedale, MS the access to the interstate system. With their new industrial parks opening up it will help them recruit manufactures and other bussiness. Also with all the new container cargo going to be coming into the port of Mobile it would be nice to alleviate all the congestion from the shipping. 18 wheelers are going to be everywhere. Thats another reason to widen I-10 to Biloxi. Also I think it will help with the port of Mobile becoming more involved with Mississippi companies just like I-65 has helped with the port connecting to inner cities such as Montgomery, Birmingham, and Nashville. Mississippi would get better access to Mobile's port and we would get better infrastructure into central Mississippi.

Yeah, but right now MIssissippi is still trying to get CXS rail road to moved north. I don't think it will happen. But if it does Mobile needs some more options if it loses that rail line. honestly I dont think they will fix the railroads anytime soon either! they are trying to replace the tracks over the delta. It is really expensive and thats just one part.

Yeah, but right now MIssissippi is still trying to get CXS rail road to moved north. I don't think it will happen. But if it does Mobile needs some more options if it loses that rail line. honestly I dont think they will fix the railroads anytime soon either! they are trying to replace the tracks over the delta. It is really expensive and thats just one part.

Can someone elaborate on the Eastern Shore service roads? Are they considering seriously making the whole stretch between Loxley and the Bay similar to 65 in the Mob?

If so, it is a good sign, not necessarly out of the project in and of itself, but out of it being a proactive instead of a reactive project by Adot, something that is badly needed in the state.

Archived