Downtown in the Dark 4/22

I got my new DigiCam today and so I headed out late tonight to break it in. We will start this tour with First Ward "Garden District". The last parcel of land is being developed in the Garden District...you can see that in the pic below. I overexposed this pic on purpose...it is not really this bright:

1stwardnight.JPG

Now lets head over to Gateway Village. In this pic you can see that it is safe, clean, and empty...lol just kidding. I have to say that for a Wednesday night at 11pm, I was really surprised by the amount of activity. When I took this pic there were actually 5 or 6 people walking nearby.

gatewayview.JPG

Here is the view that the students living in the J&W Dorm on Ceder St will have. Damn, I wish my view in college was this good!

JWview.JPG

Walking along Ceder St by the Panthers practice fields you can get some really great shots of the skyline...like I said, I am still trying to figure out how to use all the buttons on my camera :)

cederview2.JPG

Zooming in a little bit..from left to right: IJL, Hearst, Carillon, BofA Corp, Interstate, BofA Plaza, and First Citizens.

cederview3.JPG

Trying to fit everything in...and keep the camera still at the same time:

cederview4.JPG

Well after this I tried to go to the top of the Gateway Center Parking Deck to get a killer shot of the skyline..but the security guard stopped me...so maybe next time.

I leave with a shot of the people out on the streets...I was only out for about a 1/2 hour on this shoot and again, I was really surprised with the amount of people out on the streets...the restarants and bars were pretty full. Sorry its out of focus.

tryon.JPG

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a nice shot! Was that taken in the cemetary? I took one Friday night from the cemetary in my latest Charlotte photo thread about 8:45PM and it was dark and lonely! I couldn't wait to get the hell out of the cemetary, LOL!

My only problem with the skyline from Cedar use to be that you had such a great view due to an ugly brownfield in the foreground, followed by train tracks. I'm absolutely thrilled to see that brownfield filling in with the dorms. Will the southern side of the field become a park when the dorms are done?

Archived