Rebuilding of the Century Club

rightseat

You did a great job! I was driving by today, and the grill was back up. I look forward to seeing the place in person when Hegg's opens up.

I remember having editorial interviews there when I was a legislative aide back in the eighties, and a wedding reception or two. I saw how badly it had been abused when Gary gave me a tour shortly before he started renovations. It's good to see a part of our history come back to life. Thanks to all of you that worked on it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now the facade is almost done, just one more thing that is going to be added

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1369/833173...a30f7ba.jpg?v=0

Looks great on the outside and great on the inside

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1178/833173...f04d4f4.jpg?v=0

One more step is finished in the re-development of downtown Muskegon. People like Gary Post who believe in Muskegon are needed to bring back a downtown. I live in the downtown area because I believe in Muskegon. I believe growth will happen. I believe you can help too!

I would like to read some great positive thoughts from the readers on this forum on what you think about the new Muskegon and Your responsibility to support and/or continued support in re-development of downtown Muskegon.

Pass the word that downtown Muskegon is not what is was like in the past. It's a great place.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my contribution. My shots may not be as good as Rightseat's but I think they came out okay. I took these last Sunday, but today I actually went in the store and they did such a great job!

1010536607_d7203f7c54_o.jpg

1010536619_f459e6b766_o.jpg

I really like how they have a front and back entrance and they use both of them. I've been to many stores in other cities where they always keep one locked for security reasons. The worst part is that often they lock the streetside entrance because the customer parking is in the back! Hegg's and Gary Post both deserve praise for making this place into a gem for the city again!

Archived