Case of the Disapearing posts

tamias6

This may sound a bit strange. But from time to time, when I post a new message on a thread and then head back to that thread at a later time the post I made is missing. I'm not sure if such a post is stepping on the toes of the forum rules or not as I've never been warned by a mod or admin about breaking the rules. Is it just a fluke in the system or are thread edited from time to time for quality control, continuity, etc. to the extent of deleting posts for reasons other than violations to forum rules?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thread edited from time to time for quality control, continuity, etc. to the extent of deleting posts for reasons other than violations to forum rules?

You answered your own question! ;)

We do try to keep a high standard for quality control and continuity in topics.

• 1 month later...

I've made some posts I thought were valid and they disappeared, too...I posted almost the exact same thing a second time and they didn't get deleted. Glitch in the software more likely? I also noticed that posts I and others made a long time ago will sometimes re-appear at the top of the order as being brand new posts, so it seems more likely to me to just be a quirk of the software.

Archived