Villa Heights Development

uptownliving

I have noticed a lot of demolition permits popping up for a lot (more than 30) houses in the Villa Heights neighborhood. This is near the intersection of The Plaza and Parkwood Ave (where The Plaza turns right).

The houses that will be torn down are along these streets: Drummond, Barry, Lola, Catawba and, Lydia.

The owner is listed as Villa Heights Properties LLC which traces back to Catherine Barnes who is a lawyer at James, McElroy & Diehl.

Anybody know whats going on here?

If you are unfamiliar with this area just Map this address:

2524 Lola Ave.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed a lot of demolition permits popping up for a lot (more than 30) houses in the Villa Heights neighborhood. This is near the intersection of The Plaza and Parkwood Ave (where The Plaza turns right).

The houses that will be torn down are along these streets: Drummond, Barry, Lola, Catawba and, Lydia.

The owner is listed as Villa Heights Properties LLC which traces back to Catherine Barnes who is a lawyer at James, McElroy & Diehl.

Anybody know whats going on here?

If you are unfamiliar with this area just Map this address:

2524 Lola Ave.

I heard a few weeks ago that somebody's going to build apartments or condos or something like that on Lola by The Plaza. (Sorry for the vagueness, but that's all I heard). I don't know how credible that report is, so I'm curious as to whether anybody's heard anything along those lines.

If not for the unsafety of the neighborhoods nearby, this would be a ridiculously desirable area. You can get to the Square in five minutes flat, you're immediately accessible to P-M and NoDa, and the area is just dense enough to include corner stores and other walkable amenities. I'd be very surprised if this neighborhood doesn't turn around pretty quickly.

If not for the unsafety of the neighborhoods nearby, this would be a ridiculously desirable area. You can get to the Square in five minutes flat, you're immediately accessible to P-M and NoDa, and the area is just dense enough to include corner stores and other walkable amenities. I'd be very surprised if this neighborhood doesn't turn around pretty quickly.

Archived