Simon Properties

MJLO

Simon Properties looks to buy The MIlls Corp.

The Mills Corp owns about 40 malls in cities accross the country. Their malls are generally regional attractions, or even bigger in some cases. The mills corp put itself up for sale about a month ago, I believe they are going into chapter 11.

Simon properties seems pretty aggressive, I haven't heard much on them. I know they are the largest owner of indoor shopping centers in the country. I know they had a bitter battle with Taubman & Associates, which is the nations second largest mall owner. Detroit Based- Taubman which specializes in upscale malls, thwarted a hostile take over by simon a few years back. Is Simon Properties a big financial presence in Indy? Or are they little known, but with lots of $

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simon Properties looks to buy The MIlls Corp.

The Mills Corp owns about 40 malls in cities accross the country. Their malls are generally regional attractions, or even bigger in some cases. The mills corp put itself up for sale about a month ago, I believe they are going into chapter 11.

Simon properties seems pretty aggressive, I haven't heard much on them. I know they are the largest owner of indoor shopping centers in the country. I know they had a bitter battle with Taubman & Associates, which is the nations second largest mall owner. Detroit Based- Taubman which specializes in upscale malls, thwarted a hostile take over by simon a few years back. Is Simon Properties a big financial presence in Indy? Or are they little known, but with lots of $

I'm sure I could look it up. I don't know all of the malls they own. But I know mills corp owns huge malls like Opry Mills in Nashville, or Arizona Mills in Phoenix. That would make them even bigger. I"m going to do some research on them to see how big they really are.

Archived