New Windows Vista

Florida

New Windows Vista?

I've only seen bits and pieces about it on the news, but I know its coming out tomorrow. Are any of you going to buy it? And if so, how much are they saying its going to cost. From what I hear it comes in 4 "trim levels" ranging from the very basic, to the Super Ultimate all inclusive package.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Windows Vista?

I've only seen bits and pieces about it on the news, but I know its coming out tomorrow. Are any of you going to buy it? And if so, how much are they saying its going to cost. From what I hear it comes in 4 "trim levels" ranging from the very basic, to the Super Ultimate all inclusive package.

We have a Copy of Vista for testing purposes and I have to admit that its not all that bad "what little I saw of it" but I will wait a few months before I get it because I am sure that there are some security flaws and such that will require a good Service Pack or 2 to fix. I like the layout and ease of use even though they has some copy infringements with MAC's OS but those who were thinking about getting MACs instead while XP was out may want to wait a little and give Vista a try, I don

No plans to upgrade, if that's the word. Like jpl02, I installed Ubuntu Linux on my desktop PC (a couple of months ago, in my case). The machine is set up to boot into Ubuntu by default, Windows XP only if manually selected. I won't turn this into a discussion of Linux in general or Ubuntu in particular, but I will say that I'm very happy to have made the move. If there weren't a few Windows programs I "need," at one level or another, I'd cut the apron strings altogether.

• 1 month later...

Had to buy a new computer today because Vista ruined my Laptop.

If you buy or are planing to purchase Vista, make sure your Pentium, AMD, or whatever other processor can handle 64 bit software. If not, you're wasting your money.

Borrow this experience from me so you don't have to suffer much as I did.

What a $160 waste of money! <_<

Had to buy a new computer today because Vista ruined my Laptop.

If you buy or are planing to purchase Vista, make sure your Pentium, AMD, or whatever other processor can handle 64 bit software. If not, you're wasting your money.

Borrow this experience from me so you don't have to suffer much as I did.

What a $160 waste of money! <_<

Archived