My Hood Part II

wolverine

sud21.jpg

2 cheap replacements for a house that burned down.

sud22.jpg

I like this apartment building. Kind of a German-Alpine feel to it.

sud23.jpg

Cemetery gateway.

sud24.jpg

U of M School of Kineseology annex's anex. Continuing to take over and tear down the surrounding neighborhoods.

sud25.jpg

Just keep building on top of that porch

sud26.jpg

University Towers stands amongst a scattered collection of houses. BR I-94 ROW carved a pretty large chunk out of the neighborhood

sud27.jpg

sud28.jpg

sud29.jpg

sud30.jpg

sud31.jpg

sud32.jpg

Where Hayward gets his groceries. Nothing is more classy than a store with a spirited rat as its logo.

sud33.jpg

sud34.jpg

sud35.jpg

sud36.jpg

sud37.jpg

sud38.jpg

sud39.jpg

sud40.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes...nice tour. That area was also my hood for a year in undergrad. I lived in an apartment on Walnut Ave about half a block north of S. Uni. (east of Washtenaw about 2-3 blocks).

It was a good area, but I would often get seduced by Pinball Pete's on my way home from classes, and therefore waste a couple hours and about $10.

Note: S. Uni. always acted a strong wind tunnel on windy winter days and could get so strong it could take away your breath. Not to mention once actually blowing out a ground floor retail window in U. Towers.

I used to have the website with the original rendering, but I can't find it now. The building has 1997 etched into the top of it, that's why I know the date. It was sandblasted to look a bit older. Although, the ground floor storefront is relatively new, as the original one I believe wasn't all that great. They also did that 4 story brick building near East Quad found near the end of this thread.

Archived