Indianapolis Projects thread

MJLO

Does anyone have a run down of the different projects in Indianapolis?

There has to be more than a few. But after going thru the online papers today, I'm having trouble with luck on finding info on the various high rise projects goin on around the city.

You guys in Indy have any info?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a run down of the different projects in Indianapolis?

There has to be more than a few. But after going thru the online papers today, I'm having trouble with luck on finding info on the various high rise projects goin on around the city.

You guys in Indy have any info?

• 3 weeks later...

The only projects I'm aware of are:

• Lucas Oil Stadium (Under Construction)

• New Indianapolis International Airport Terminal (Under Construction)

• Riley Hospital for Children (Under Construction)

• Indy-Marion County Central Library Addition (Under Construction)

• Villaggio at Page Pointe (Under Construction)

this site)

• 3520 Commerce Crossing (Approved)

• JW Marriot Hotel & Convention Center (Proposed)

• Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center (Proposed)

• Pennsylvania Street Hotel & Condominiums (Proposed)

• Stutz Condominiums (Proposed)

The new airport is going to be very impressive.

The new stadium would be great if it wasn't for that huge "Lucas Oil Stadium" logo on the roof and sides of the building.

If anybody has any photos or other details on these projects, I'd love to see them!

EDIT: Added Hyperlinks

Edited by RestedTraveler

it seems there's not a huge demand for office space in Indy as it is with the rest of the midwest. It's a shame when almost all projects going upwords in the region are residential in nature. Although that does come with it's own set of blessings. Out here in Phoenix, office space is being built by leaps and bounds, but it sucks because it's almost all in the burbs. The trend is changing though.

Well, I personally think residential is better, mainly becuase residential benefits alot of things, such as local stores, safety, etc. But office space isnt really a demand, residential space on the other hand is, it is a large demand. Such a demand the market cant keep up with it in some areas.

I think that our city needs to get its crap together about projects, mass transit, and preservation. Does anyone else know anything about that concrete monument crap proposal for university park?

• 2 months later...

MSA BID'S DUE TODAY

By Jeff Swiatek[email protected]talkback_logo.gifToday is the deadline for companies to submit a new round of bids to develop the former Market Square Arena site, across Alabama Street from the City-County Building.clear.gifclear.gif

The Metropolitan Development Commission will open the bid packets at its afternoon meeting.

Numerous bids are expected from developers to build apartments, condominiums, retail space or other uses on the site, which is mostly covered now by gravel parking lots.

The city's first attempt to get the site developed was foiled when the winning bidder failed to line up financing.

Just thought this was interesting, hopefully they will pick something that isn't butt ugly and has a kool design.

this is on of the proposal's from Kosene. got this from a article in IBJ.

Slide.jpg

Hey IndyDude! First off: Thanks for posting on Urban Planet. Secondly, please familiarize yourself with the rules (CLICK HERE) for posting copyrighted material such as this.

Specifically:

Posting of News Clippings, News Links and other Copyrighted Material

The act of simply cutting an article (or part of an article) from an newspaper or other news source and pasting it here without comment is not appreciated and is not allowed at UrbanPlanet. These will be deleted and you may be suspended or banned for doing so.

You may post a very short clip from the article if the source allows it. NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF SENTENCES. Do not post any copyrighted material if the source does not allow it. Do not create a post that simply contains a link. You must post commentary on why this link is relevant to the topic it is posted in. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

Posts where the first part of the article is copied and a link to the rest of the article are not allowed.

Edited by RestedTraveler

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yesterday I got back from a few days in Indianapolis. So I have all kinds of development, projects to show you guys.

I'm excited about this one, this will be the JW Marriott. It's in a great location too. It will be opening in February 2011.

100_3492.jpg

100_3497.jpg

Three Mass Ave

100_3649.jpg

100_3650.jpg

429 On the Park

100_3672.jpg

100_3670.jpg

More to come, I have more pictures from my trip to upload

• 12 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...