Monroe County

wks2003x

An interesting article in GeorgiaTrend Magazine alludes to the new Georgia Department of Corrections' relocation to Monroe County serving as a catalyst to Monroe County's transformation from an agricultural county to a suburban county. Monroe officials are expecting bigger changes to happen once the DOC relocates to the area. Some businesses are also planning to open branches in the area pending the DOC's relocation.

I expect Monroe's growth to really take off in the coming years...let's use this topic to track Monroe County's changes. Look's like Macon and Atlanta are going to have to fight over this one. Who do you think will win?

Several upscale subdivisions are already breaking ground in Monroe County. To name a few: Adamsville Park, Riata, River Forest, River Walk, etc. Providence is partially located in Monroe County as well.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An interesting article in GeorgiaTrend Magazine alludes to the new Georgia Department of Corrections' relocation to Monroe County serving as a catalyst to Monroe County's transformation from an agricultural county to a suburban county. Monroe officials are expecting bigger changes to happen once the DOC relocates to the area. Some businesses are also planning to open branches in the area pending the DOC's relocation.

I expect Monroe's growth to really take off in the coming years...let's use this topic to track Monroe County's changes. Look's like Macon and Atlanta are going to have to fight over this one. Who do you think will win?

Several upscale subdivisions are already breaking ground in Monroe County. To name a few: Adamsville Park, Riata, River Forest, River Walk, etc. Providence is partially located in Monroe County as well.

I think that will an interesting thought if atlanta wins Monroe county because macon's city is less than 5min away if not less, because there was issues early between monroe and bibb county about annexations of macon into monroe county, i guess we will have to wait and see what happens....

That is strange. What a terrible omission considering Jones should be gaining in wealth. It is interesting to note that there seems to be a somewhat healthy distribution of Tier-3 wealth around Macon (Jones, Monroe, Houston). Looks like other Georgia cities have wealthier counties to their immediate north.

127, huh? That puts Jones just barely behind Monroe & Houston.

Archived