Toronto Walk (Part 2)

swags

I forgot to mention in Part 1 that the tour had started west on Queen Street when the pictures of Old City Hall began. OK, so continuing on Queen St then.

Another view of Old City Hall, and scaffolding, from Nathan Philips Square.

100_0428.JPG

Nathan Philips Square, and the public ice rink. I was surprised at how many people were out skating at noon on a friday. I suppose it was because the kids were on their March break.

100_0426.JPG

New City Hall.

100_0427.JPG

100_0429.JPG

Scotiabank Plaza from Nathan Philips Square.

100_0430.JPG

Statue of Sir Winston Churchill at the corner of the square.

100_0431.JPG

Right beside New City Hall, we find Osgoode Hall, a school for lawyers and such.

100_0433.JPG

Not sure what building this is, but I like the colour they used for the windows. It seems to make the building look a lot more inviting. I also like the building in the upper left. To the lower left is where they are building the new Four Seasons Opera House.

100_0435.JPG

Here we have the Canada Life building and war memorial at Queen St and University Ave.

100_0436.JPG

I forget what the name of this house is... but it looks good. Canada Life in the background again.

100_0439.JPG

The famous Queen St shops.

100_0443.JPG

100_0444.JPG

The Chumcity building, basically the centre of television media in the city. Street level studios.

100_0446.JPG

100_0447.JPG

Ok, I have to end kind of randomly, because I am in desperate need of a lot of sleep. :blink: Once again, lots more to come.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived