Cable Companies in the Cities

colin

Council to make Cox cable do license renewal

This is another in a long string of little tiffs between the City of Tucson and its cable provider Cox Communications. Cox has made a lot of people here mad. Several months ago, a public meeting was held by the City regarding the number of public access channels available, which is currently eight, but Cox wants it more like two (or probably none). Cox ended up stuffing that meeting with its employees, who, it claimed were "legal residents of the City of Tucson", and who, of course, were very much in favor of Cox's plan. When another public meeting was held and the attendees actually went against Cox, the company threw a fit and claimed that the meeting was biased.

Does anything like this happen in the Phoenix area? Do people hate their cable providers as much as they do here?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Colin, I haven't heard to much about it. I know that the way Cox groups there genres of channels out here has no rhyme or reason. I also know they have eaten up some of the smaller companies around Phoenix. But have dealt with them very little, and to add to my cultureless status, I rarely pick anything up on public access, which I think would ring true thru the rest of Phoenix, since there seems to be so little community involvement here.

Archived