Way to go "Visit Pittsburgh"....SYKE

tooluther

This bummed me out a lot...

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06331/741524-53.stm

After the success of Bassmasters I would have thought this would be something Visit Pittsburgh would have pursued better.

Conspiracy theory: They are just trying to save EVERYTHING for 2008 so that it can all be part of the 250 celebration. Maybe that's not such a bad thing IF it doesn't blow up in their faces.

---

On a non related note, why has everyone been so quite? Have you guys actualy been working durring the day or what? :blink:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah.

As for everyone being quiet... Yes, I had noticed traffic here has died down somewhat. I try to start new topics from time to time, to get conversation going, but there hasn't been much in the news (good or bad) lately to talk about. If anyone has ideas for topics please post them :)

Sounds like they tried harder than the PG makes it seem. There is a letter in today's paper from the chairman of VisitPittsburgh that clears things up a bit. Here is a quote from it:

And, so, it must be pointed out that contrary to what was reported, VisitPittsburgh did, in fact, place a bid for a 2007 tour stop for the FLW tour. However, the city lost the event to Washington, D.C., because a new national FLW sponsor wanted the tournament to be in its own "back yard."

Archived