What development is this?

nashvillwill

I might be out of the loop, but I am curious about what the huge development is going in between 65/Charlotte/Jo Johnson/17th? I think it was formerly public housing. Is it going to continue to be public housing, or am I totally wrong? Is this the best idea to be surrounding our core on all sides with public housing? I know that the poor need a place to live(I am not debating public housing),but is this the best course of action? Couldn't we locate them away from some of the cities best real estate? It seems that we are surrounding the astronomically priced core with derelict neighborhoods. Shouldn't we attempt to form some sort of land value grid that will spur economic growth, instead of encouraging urban sprawl? We all know that the wealthy all want a sort of "buffer zone" between themselves and the poor. Why make that zone larger by sticking public housing between where the high-paying jobs are and the high end homes?

I'm sorry if I sound like a yuppie(I feel compassion for these people, I really do), im just trying to figure out why our seemingly forward thinking city would surround itself with the lowest tax base. It's just bad city planning.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be out of the loop, but I am curious about what the huge development is going in between 65/Charlotte/Jo Johnson/17th? I think it was formerly public housing. Is it going to continue to be public housing, or am I totally wrong? Is this the best idea to be surrounding our core on all sides with public housing? I know that the poor need a place to live(I am not debating public housing),but is this the best course of action? Couldn't we locate them away from some of the cities best real estate? It seems that we are surrounding the astronomically priced core with derelict neighborhoods. Shouldn't we attempt to form some sort of land value grid that will spur economic growth, instead of encouraging urban sprawl? We all know that the wealthy all want a sort of "buffer zone" between themselves and the poor. Why make that zone larger by sticking public housing between where the high-paying jobs are and the high end homes?

I'm sorry if I sound like a yuppie(I feel compassion for these people, I really do), im just trying to figure out why our seemingly forward thinking city would surround itself with the lowest tax base. It's just bad city planning.

Archived