$200 Million Development planned for South Haven

OneSweetWorld

tracer, your examples are silly, the project wasn't even proposed to be beachfront, so i'll just assume you were trying to make your point by means of exagerration

The City Council voted down the zoning amendment that was only the first step in the process of getting the project approved for that site. However, the City Council still wants the project to happen, just not on that site. They passed a resolution instructing the City Manager to work with Goforth Group and FLG on some sort of a land swap deal so that the hotel/resort can go forward and the city can work on cleaning up the Bohn site to make it more attractive to industrial development.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what the chances of this are, but I think it would be awesome if something like this went in Grand Haven or Holland. I know some of you Grand Rapidians will disagree with me, but that's how I feel. I emailed Korky Ingersoll ([email protected]) of Goforth Group and asked him the chances of this coming to Grand Haven/Holland if it gets rejected by South Haven's city council. Anyone else who feels compelled to do the same, his email address is linked above.

Chances are probably pretty slim, though, seeing how this was to be marketed towards Chicagoans...

isn't Grand Haven getting some huge development similar to this? not 18 story condos but they have a huge project going in that I believe had a couple midrises (correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Those towers could look nice in GR downtown somewhere, revised a little bit :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived