ASCE report on NC Roads/Airports/Rail etc.

uptownliving

American Society of Civil Engineers has released a report on North Carolina's infrastructure. Overall they gave NC a grade of C-

They broke the report down by Airports, Bridges, Dams, Drinking Water,Rail, Roads, Schools, Storm Water, and Wastewater.

ReportCard2006.jpg

I know on here we talk about the road conditions...and who has good roads and who gets jipped. Well according to their report the Western Piedmont (Triad and Charlotte) have the best overall roads and the Costal Areas have the worst. However when you look at just the Interstates, the Coastal area has the best and the Mountains have the worst.

Also intersting that Rail got the best grade out of all the infrastructure.

Full Report Here:

http://sections.asce.org/n_carolina/ReportCard.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Society of Civil Engineers has released a report on North Carolina's infrastructure. Overall they gave NC a grade of C-

They broke the report down by Airports, Bridges, Dams, Drinking Water,Rail, Roads, Schools, Storm Water, and Wastewater.

ReportCard2006.jpg

I know on here we talk about the road conditions...and who has good roads and who gets jipped. Well according to their report the Western Piedmont (Triad and Charlotte) have the best overall roads and the Costal Areas have the worst. However when you look at just the Interstates, the Coastal area has the best and the Mountains have the worst.

Also intersting that Rail got the best grade out of all the infrastructure.

Full Report Here:

http://sections.asce.org/n_carolina/ReportCard.html

The "C+" on drinking water suprised me. It seem like there were several boil water advisories in various locations this summer. Cary and Pinehurst come to mind.

Archived