SPECULATION: Federal Reserve Building Hotel

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm More lost office space. :huh:

You know what though?...I'm glad. My hope is that more of the older buildings in Downcity are converted into hotels, apartments and/or condos, even retail. I'm not exactly for pushing offices out of those spaces right now (because we don't have anymore space to put them in), but in my mind's eye, I prefer office space to be in office towers - not three story, historical buildings like the Fed. Reserve. Maybe the owners of the Fed. Reserve realize that soon there will be more office space in the city (E@B, hopefully Dyer St.) and thus, don't really need to cater to that group anymore. Also they are likely seeing that today there is a bigger market for tourism/business clientele/Boston-goers in our humble, yet glorious city than there was 5 or 10 years ago.

I prefer office space to be in office towers - not three story, historical buildings like the Fed. Reserve.

The Fed. Reserve building is twelve stories, isn't it?

I don't disagree with your point, but I do wonder if you understand what building you are talking about.

The Fed. Reserve building is twelve stories, isn't it?

I don't disagree with your point, but I do wonder if you understand what building you are talking about.

Yeah, I know the building - I used to deliver ice to it when I was a kid. I wasn't being specific to the Federal Reserve....just all the smaller historical buildings that are being used for office space. My bad for being inarticulate.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived